Saturday, July 24, 2010

My daily gear


I've always had an obsession for bags and what people carry with them. You can tell alot about a person by what's on them most of the time. I have to admit that I even have more bags aka man purses than my wife.

My current bag of choice is the Lowepro Classified 100 AW. It's the perfect bag for me. I'll be doing a quick review later about why I love this smart little piece of kit.

Here are the basics that I carry with almost daily.

First off is my wallet, it's nice and small and has just the basics. I don't carry around a lot of cash so it's just right. I think someone gave it to my Dad for Christmas and I just pocketed it. It's nice and simple, soft black leather Fino wallet.

Second are my keys and attached to it is my Lacie 4GB Key thumbdrive. It's a cool little thumbdrive with a solid feel to it. It has taken a lot of damage while it's been with my and it's working fine.

Third is my iPhone. I hate to sound like a tendoid packaloid but I really love my iPhone 3GS. It rocks paired with my Globe Super Surf and Super Duo plan. I use it as a portable wifi hot spot which my iPad and laptop can sync to. It's also a great gaming platform. It is near perfect except for the ridiculously short battery life.

Fourth is my Swiss Army Knife, the Cyber Tool 34. It has gotten me out little jam so many time that I've lost count.

Fifth is my GF1, is my current favorite camera. It's basically a mini SLR. Check out my review on Techie.

And finally 6th is my Kodak Playsport HD camera. It's a relatively inexpensive camera that shoot full HD and is waterproof!
7th but not least is my iPad. When I have this on me I feel like I am living in the future. It's the ultimate media consumption device. Loaded it with hundreds of ebooks, comics, my photo's, and games. I will never have a dull moment. I have even set it up to stream video from my home media server!

If the 10 year old Ibba saw all this awesome kit that I bring me everyday he would be blown away. He'd say "Old Ibba, you're DOPE and PHAT and still FAT!"







Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rene Canlas said...

Hi! I am also very interested in the Lowepro Classified 100 AW. Did you buy this in Manila?

I also have the GF1. Does it fit in the 100AW's pouches? How about the lens? Thanks!

Rene

Ibba Bernardo said...

Hi Rene,

Yup I purchased the Classified 100AW in the Phils at http://loweprophilippines.multiply.com/. It's a bit more expensive than on Amazon.

The GF1 with the 20mm lens fits perfectly in the pouch. I put my other lens in the secondary pouch too. It's a bit snug tho.

I hope this helps!

Ibba

Rene Canlas said...

Thanks for the info!

Will check out the multiply store and the lowepro store at SM North...Hopefully I can buy one before my trip to Baguio tomorrow night.